Spanish Sign Language booklets

Thu Jun 17 14:58:54 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
June 17, 2004

SW List, and Steve!
Thanks for this posting. Great to see you on the SW List, even very
briefly, Steve... And I was happy to know that you were able to attend
the Lisbon workshop....Friends told me that your interpreting was very
helpful at the workshop....I am glad you feel the workshop went well.
We are now talking about how to print the proceedings ...plus I hope to
post an article about the workshop on our web site in the future...so I
will keep you informed...

Rich Gleaves came over the other day and handed me your gift of 6
rather thick little booklets, all written in SignWriting in Spanish
Sign Language! What a surprise. Thank you for giving me these booklets,
all typed with SignWriter DOS on the inside, but your TrueType fonts
are used on the covers of each booklet...They are valuable historic
records of how you are writing in Spain. What is amazing, is there is
no spoken language in the booklets except for one or two words on the
front covers...The text is written in Spanish Sign Language...One is
teaching about Cancer...another is about the history of
SignWriting...that one really is great...I can't stop looking at
it...all these familiar photos with Spanish Sign Language explaining
them...You even have examples of DanceWriting and SportsWriting,
discussing them in Sign Language... I hope to post some of your
booklets in time on the web...Do you have them in PDF format? I could
place them in our SignWriting PDF Archive quickly that way. When people
hand me PDF versions, they are posted within a half hour...

SignWriting PDF Archive
http://www.SignWriting.org/archive

Val ;-)