Facial Expressions, Breathing, Multiple Face Features

Tue Jun 8 22:53:09 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
June 8, 2004

Stefan Woehrmann wrote:
> I think that it is a good idea to include the German standardizations
> of the
> "Mundbilder " ...I am pretty confident that deaf students in various
> countries will benefit
> from the "Mundbilder"...Stefan ;-))

Dear SW List, Stefan and Ingvild!
Oh. I agree absolutely. Have you standardized any of the facial
expressions used in German Sign Language (DGS) that are not related
specifically to speech?

And while we are on the subject of facial expressions, Ingvild Roald
asked me how to write a facial expression that is connected to
Norwegian Sign Language, but not speech, that makes a P sound, with air
coming out...so perhaps we can discuss that too...there are several
possibilities...do you have some of those easily available, on your
TrueType fonts, Stefan?...