Searching Signwriting Signs demo

Wed Mar 24 18:35:32 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
March 24, 2004

SEARCH FOR SIGNS BY HANDSHAPE continued...
Web-based searching system from Belgium

Once you choose a handshape, if you click on the Search button, it
lists every sign in the entire dictionary that uses that handshape in
some way. As you can see in the attached, there were 442 signs that
used the Index Finger in the dictionary!...The signs appear listed,
without any specific order (not in SSS order). All palm facings of that
handshape are there.

Is it possible to specify choosing only one palm facing per symbol?
Perhaps that feature is there and I didn't realize...

There is a box around each sign...Would it be possible to make the box
invisible, so the signs will not be boxed from the users point of view?
The signs would be easier to read without the box...just a thought -

This is really exciting, and I have more comments, after I answer other
questions on the List...Thanks for this useful tool!