Searching Signwriting Signs demo

Thu Mar 25 19:19:10 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
March 25, 2004

Steven Aerts wrote:
> We would like to ask you wether you could share your experiences in
> the usage
> of the system.  Does the "searching on signs" return what you are
> looking for
> and are the results properly ordered according to their relevance?

Dear SW List...
I have been testing the SignWriting Online Dictionary from
Belgium...What a great way to search for signs by handshape...Have any
other List members tried it yet? You can search the ASL dictionary:

ASL Dictionary Online
http://plantijn.ruca.ua.ac.be/~aertsbraem/ASL/

Steven - I do have one question. When I click on a body part, and then
choose a contact symbol to search...shouldn't the contact symbol show
up on the stick figure drawing after that? It did before, but now it is
not doing that...anyway...it does the searches I want, whether the
symbol appears on the stick figure later or not...