Do you want these handshapes in the IMWA?

Sun May 9 22:45:01 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
May 9, 2004

Dear SW List:
There are an unending list of possible handshapes to add to the
International Movement Writing Alphabet. I am writing to ask...Do any
of you want any of these handshapes added? Can you think of signs in
your languages that use these handshapes? if so, I am happy to add
them.... (see attached)...

They are:

1. Index finger on a fist that has the thumb UNDER the other fingers in
the fist.
2. An X on a circle...not a tight closed fist...but an open one...
3. Index finger sticking out of a claw handshape.
4. Index finger with a Hinge base...
5. X with a fist with the thumb under the other fingers
6. Index finger on an E-hand
7. X on an E-hand
8. Index finger on a curlicue
9. Index finger on a Cup hand