3-D Symbols

Fri May 14 17:10:51 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
May 14, 2004

Dear SW List:
The SignWriting List listserve software seems to be having problems
lately...Not all messages that people post make it to the List...Some
of mine never post too...I have no clue what to do, so I have an
understanding with Adam Frost that he will send me a copy of each
message he posts privately to me too, so just in case it does not post,
I can then post it for him...so here is one message from Adam that
never made it to the List:

---------------------------

        From:     seniorafrost at hotmail.com
        Subject:        Re: 3-D Symbols
        Date:   May 14, 2004 3:36:42 AM PDT
        To:       SW-L at ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA, sutton at signwriting.org

> "Is the "W" hand different from the "6" hand all the
> time or is it a "variant" without a real difference?"

This is a question that I have been asked a lot. It is similar to the
"F" and "9" question. I happen to have the answer because I have
searched it out. :-) (Just a fun little fact that most don't really
know.)

The fingers for the numbers touch on the "tips" or the pads, while the
fingers for the letters touch one in front of the other. (ie one finger
is on the other's fingernail.) I know that this can be a little hard to
understand. I you really want me to, I can explain it more.

Adam