thanks for SW Java help

Fri May 21 01:59:50 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
May 20, 2004

Hello Nancy and Everyone!
Aha! You are from Seattle...Nice city!

And I am glad I got that bug explained with the invisible spaces...such
a stupid problem, but it was enough to make it hard to use the current
version of SignWriter Java...

Now...regarding screen captures on Mac OS X Panther. There are several
ways to create a screen capture:

1. Shift-Command-4 gives you a cross-hair to select the part of the
screen you want to capture...When you drag the cross hair on the
section you want to capture, and lift your finger from the mouse, it
makes a camera sound, as if you just took a picture with a camera.

2. Shift-Command-3 gives you the whole screen captured.

3. Or...go into the Applications Folder and open the Utilities Folder
and in that folder you will find a program called GRAB. It has a
scissors logo. Use the GRAB program to do timed screen captures. It is
free.

and there is another program called Snapz Pro X, that costs money, but
is outstanding for professional graphics work...they have a trial
version that is free for awhile...

The Command Key is the Apple Key, as you know...

Good luck with your work!

Val ;-)