[sw-l] Video in our Email

Fri Nov 5 20:56:36 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
November 5, 2004

Charles Butler wrote:
> I could read this just fine at work.  Not sure about my slowpoke
> machine at home.

Dear SW List and Charles!
This is very encouraging. Please also try it at home on your slower
computer. They claim it works on older computers, so we need to see if
this is true.

I wrote to the company that has created this remarkable new way to
share video on email, and they are offering to give us several copies
free, as a donation to our nonprofit organization, if they can also
tell the world that the SignWriting List is using their software...and
of course...if it works, we will! So please test it everyone. I might
be able to give a few copies to those List members who want to post
videos too...I will find out how many copies they can donate to us...

This will give us a way to post a video, showing signs, and then we can
discuss writing it. It also gives us a chance to post Sign Language
messages to each other, that may help those who do not feel like
reading and typing email in English!

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWritingSite
http://www.SignWriting.org