[sw-l] Video in our Email

Sat Nov 6 15:26:09 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
November 6, 2004

Stephen Slevinski wrote:
> I used the link to view the video.
> The sound was constant, but the display had a few problems.  Even
> worse, the display froze when I maximized the screen, while the sound
> continued just fine.  For sign language, I think the visual would be
> more important than the audio.  This could be a problem.  I would
> rather have the video pause than skip.

Hello Everyone, Stefan, Stephen, Jerry -
Wow. I am really disappointed that everyone didn't have the same
experience. They claimed that if you had the latest java installed on
your browser that it would work for everyone...The reason I am
disappointed is that, as you know, there are many different video
formats in the world...In my world of the Mac, I can, in two seconds,
post beautiful video on the web in QuickTime...that is the .mov or
.mpg4 formats...and for the Mac world...we can all view it. But I know
that many people use Windows Media Player, which is another
format...and I am going to have to learn all this...I had hoped this
other idea of the link would solve those issues for us...oh well!!

The one good thing about this link method, is that it works with all
computers if you have java installed, so I suppose, even if it jerks,
it is still better than nothing...I will keep learning...smile...

So this has slowed my ability to be able to write the poem with
you...So instead I am going to create still photos and attach them to
the email messages...Please see next message on writing poetry from
video...

And I have some great news from James Shepard Kegl! He has written over
500 Nicaraguan signs in Sign Puddle for Nicaragua...So I will make the
flag for Nicaragua today too...

Nicaraguan Online Dictionary
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle/sgn-NI