[sw-l] LESSONS in Transcribing a Poem from Video

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Nov 17 23:19:06 UTC 2004

I'll try, I have Quik Time at home, I think, though I just went through a  major firestorm.

Charles

Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:
SignWriting List
November 17, 2004

Charles Butler wrote:
> If you can send me a link that is JUST the file, not the WinZip
> attachment, I already HAVE Media Player.

Hello Charles and Everyone!
The video that I have on the web is in QuickTime, which cannot play on
Windows Media Player. You need the QuickTime Movie Player, which is
different than the Windows Media Player...

The QuickTime movie player works on Windows 98, NT, 2000 and XP too.
That is why I gave you the link, so you could download the player for
the kind of movie I put up there...namely Quicktime, which is a free
player...

I posted three versions of the movie on the web, and one of them is 576
KB. So it is not 2 MB as you said before...

Download 576 kb
http://signwriting.org/lessons/transcribe/poetry/oneharbor/
oneharbor01.html

Yes. It is a zipped file at the moment.

In time, I will try to solve all these issues, Charles, but at least
now you understand that we are taking this from a video and it is not
my intention to just write from still photos in the long run...I put
those there for now, since I knew you probably hadn't downloaded
Quicktime...

So I am going to continue writing now, in SignWriting...because I feel
the need to write a SignWriting poem...I need something to cheer me
up!!

Even if it is not perfect, at least it is something....and something is
better than nothing...!

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWritingSite
http://www.SignWriting.org