[sw-l] Questions about movement writing

Fri Nov 19 04:30:15 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
November 18, 2004

Mo, Zhenyao wrote:
> Thanks for replying. I am doing research in motion
> generation and motion analysis. So my interest would
> be more in general motion rather than sign language.
> (But dealing with sign language could also be an
> application of motion analysis).

Great! I suspect you already know about other sections of our system,
such as DanceWriting, MimeWriting and SportsWriting?...You can read
more on these web sites:

DanceWritingSite
http://www.DanceWriting.org
Read & Write Dance

MovementWritingSite
http://www.MovementWriting.org
Read & Write Movement & Gesture

SymbolBank On The Web
www.MovementWriting.org/symbolbank
Archive For All Symbols

And regarding general movement analysis, is that for animation in
computers? Here are some different kinds of animation sites:

VSigns
http://www.signwriting.org/forums/software/archive/softarc14.html

Movement Writing Animation Site
http://movementwriting.org/animation/

Animation is one of the ways I test Movement Writing...if it animates
well...moves well...then it is working...

I will continue next message to answer your real questions - Thanks for
your patience!