[sw-l] LESSONS in Transcribing a Poem from Video

Fri Nov 19 17:30:48 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
November 19, 2004

 >>Stuart Thiessen wrote:
There is a commandline utility you can run under Terminal in MacOS X.
It is called qt_tools.  You can find it at:
http://www.omino.com/~poly/software/qt_tools/.  The latest download
file is qt_tools_1_3_365.dmg. The webpages explain some of the stuff.
Those tools will let you convert to avi format which is one format that
Windows Media Player will read.

-----------------------

Hello Stuart and Everyone!
You know so much, Stuart...I am sure these tools are useful. I have not
downloaded them yet, as I am not that skilled in the Unix Terminal in
Mac OS X, not that I can't learn it - I really should!

Meanwhile, I did purchase iLife, which is the best iMovie version
available, and it does have a way to convert to AVI inside iMovie...but
so far I have not been able to get an AVI version that can open in my
Windows Media Player...there are around 50 different possible settings
to choose from, when creating the AVI from iMovie - so it may be that
the Qtools was developed before these new features were added to
iMovie...meanwhile I am clueless as to which of the 50 settings I am
supposed to use, so I will call Apple and get some help..

And thanks for your help too, Stuart - Great to hear from you -