[sw-l] am I correct in understanding the IMWA

Wed Nov 24 20:27:44 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
November 24, 2004

Ingvild Roald wrote:
> I have attached a Word document with a table to show this...

Attached is Ingvild's diagram in the Word document, plus I have placed
the grid for those arrows to the right of Ingvild's diagram...

Each Symbol Category in the IMWA defines the use of the Fills
differently. The Fills are the 6 boxes across from left to right on the
grid.

The Hand Category uses the Fills for Palm Facing. The Movement Symbols
Category uses the Fills for right, left and neutral arrowheads.

You can read the Fill Rules in these documents:

Fills
http://www.SignWriting.org/archive/docs2/sw0121-SSS-2004-Fills.pdf

IMWA Reference Manual (large document)
http://www.SignWriting.org/archive/docs2/sw0144-SSS-Manual-2004.pdf