[sw-l] I'm back online!

Fri Oct 1 20:05:05 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
October 1, 2004

Adam Frost wrote:
> I am glad to be able to be back online! I know that most of you didn't
> know, but I have just moved to a new place at a last minutes notice.
> Things have settled down with the move and starting school. :-D

Congrats on moving! That is always soooo much work...welcome back ;-))

> I must say that the list never ceases to amaze me. There have been
> several great discussion. I would have loved to have been involved in
> them when they were going on -- but as Val just said, "Such is Life."

Ha! Yes. I believe Tini Pel in Canada has a phrase L.I.F.E.....maybe
Tini can tell us what it means? smile....something like "Such is
life!"...

> The SignPuddle is really coming along. Stephen, you are sssoooo
> resourceful!! A while back it was mentioned about Editors for
> Dictionaries in SignPuddle. I wouldn't mind being one for the ASL
> dictionary. (I know that it is still early, but just thinking out
> loud.) And speaking of thinking out loud, will the dictionaries have a
> place for definitions like that that I have been doing for SignBank?
> You don't have to get it done ASAP. I understand that you have A LOT
> of programming to do right now. (I speak from a little of experience
> of doing a little programing myself.)

Yes. SignPuddle is great! And I would love your help with re-doing the
signs in the ASL dictionary in SignMaker...if you really mean it,
Adam...write to me privately and I will tell you what we need...

MEANWHILE...regarding your excellent ASL definitions...as you know they
are in SignBank. Your name is mentioned on this web page:

http://www.SignBank.org/downloads
(scroll to the bottom)

and I have linked your name to your web page....smile....

I never got all of your definitions into SignBank, Adam...but in time I
will. Please see attached. It is an example of one of the many layouts
in SignBank that use your definitions...they are in SignBank Portal 2
(attached), and SignBank Editor Layout 5 & 6 (coming next)...