[sw-l] SignPuddle

Tue Oct 12 19:48:28 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
October 12, 2004

Adam Frost wrote:
> Currently what I am doing is I am making a link to Stephen's
> image.php?build as an image to create the signs that I want on my
> page. I don't know if your image creator in you web designing will
> allow you to link to an image on another page (I know that most
> don't), but mine does and that is what I am using.  That sums up what
> I am doing.

Thanks for this message, Adam!

OK. I went to your site: www.frostvillage.com...and I found a screen
full of your SignWriting (see attached screen capture). Looks good, by
the way! Then I clicked on the signs, and I got a 404 page each time,
so there were no visitor-links to our SignBank site...that is fine...I
just wasn't sure......so I then looked in the source code, which anyone
can view in a browser...but I did not see any links back to the
SignBank site...I want to learn this, because as the webmaster of the
SignBank site, I need to know...in case people need tech support... I
have never had anyone link to images on our sites before...I need to
grasp it, in case we are running out of memory or whatever... If my
site goes down because of a problem, your site would have no signs, is
that right? smile...(our sites will not go down...I will make sure of
that! )