[sw-l] Question....Creating SWML-S with SignMaker

Sat Oct 16 04:34:44 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
October 15, 2004

Stephen Slevinski wrote:
> Use SignMaker as usual to design a sign.  When the sign is completed,
> change
> the name of the gloss from "sign-1" to a more meaningful name.  Press
> Add
> for writing without lanes.  Or press Left, Middle, or Right to add the
> sign
> to the corresponding lane.

Stephen -
Does this new SignMaker-SWML-S program create sentences? How could Sign
Lanes have anything to do with this, unless you are creating real
documents? ...As you know, any sign can be in any lane at different
times, depending on the grammar of the sentence...And I wonder why
anyone would want to choose "writing without lanes"...? If they do
that, that is just the middle lane...so it could default to the middle
lane unless you choose another lane...

Meanwhile, no one has ever typed lanes before...except by writing by
hand, or with a paint program where I manipulated the signs to go into
those lanes...so the whole SignWriting world is going to have to learn
how to use lanes and I will love to teach lessons on that...

I look forward to your answer - If your SignMaker-SWML-S is a document
creator....on the web...then I will use it...I think you should call it
Sign-Sentence-Maker! or SignDocs or something...and people could create
PDFs from the web pages and print the documents...