[sw-l] Sign Puddle: SPANISH

Thu Oct 21 20:37:47 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
October 21, 2004

Dear SignWriting List Members, James, Dan, and Signuno!
I just learned that James Kegl  is using Windows XP. So I will teach
Windows XP....when you are using SignMaker on SignPuddle...

And thank you for this message, Signuno...

Signuno wrote:
> This is incorrect.  Just look at some of the roman
> alphabet languages spoken in Europe (Polish,
> Hungarian, Esperanto, etc) - these need Unicode.
> Others need Unicode too, such as Greek and Arabic.
> I think now is the best time to support the problem.

Of course, there is always a need to face any problems as soon as
possible, and we will be having an Arabic section someday. Thanks for
informing me of this...

But that is not the immediate problem, since we can, right now, get the
proper accented letters for several well-known languages, without any
special programming...maybe not Greek or Arabic at the moment...but at
least we can help James type Spanish, for his Nicaraguan students...

What is urgent now is to find funding to pay Stephen Slevinski and
other programmers, who are helping us soooo much for free...I am
writing two grants right now, but both will give us funding in the
Spring, and we need sources for income. Do you or anyone else, know of
foundations that might give to software development on the internet for
the Deaf, or for languages?...Please write to me if you know of new
funding sources...

By the way, Signuno, I did post your new Esperanto flag. Thank you very
much for that. Take a look:

http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle

So I will teach how to get the Spanish accents next message -