[sw-l] BSL Reading Test :)

Ingvild Roald ingvild.roald at STATPED.NO
Fri Oct 22 10:41:00 UTC 2004

sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu writes:
>One thing I find myself naturally doing is not writing the final position
>in
>a sign. The final position seems pointless if the handshape doesn't change
>since the movement should indicate it. In many cases even when the
>handshape
>does change that's better expressed as a movement - opening/closing
>fingers
>and suchlike. This is why I often write the handshap change on the arrow -
>it shows that the change is executed during the movement. Is this getting
>too unconventional? It seems natural and clear to me.

So glad to see someone else finding it natural to write the handshape
changing symbols on the arrow, to tell about these things happen
simultaounsly. Of course it is possible to write them close to the hand,
and then use a simultanous-symbol to give this information, but that agian
may be a bit to crowded ...

Ingvild