[sw-l] haiku classifiers

Nancy Emery nemery at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Mon Oct 25 23:44:04 UTC 2004

It's also interesting the way the classifiers seem to work in BSL as
compared to ASL. When I think of showing a bird perching on a branch in ASL,
the branch is one of the fingers on the tree-hand (probably the thumb).  Or
if I wanted to show a fat curving branch with a classifier like you did, I
feel like I'd have to make a trunk with a classifier first.  But I'm not a
native signer, just a hearing person who loves poetry, stories and
classifiers, so I could be wrong.

Nancy Emery