[sw-l] New Website

Sandy Fleming sandy at FLEIMIN.DEMON.CO.UK
Mon Oct 25 23:58:03 UTC 2004

Hi Nancy!

That's great - to hear that I'm not living completely in my own little
fantasy world!  :)

I know it kind of spoils things if you try to explain a joke but for the
benefit of non-BSLers I thought I'd also explain about the little bit of
SignWriting in the bottom right-hand corner above the octopus's head.

It's the BSL two-handed fingerspelling letter "Z". The multiple contact
symbols show (in a kind of rule-bending way) a slang sign from BSL meaning
"asleep" or "stacking zee's" as Americans sometimes say  ;)

http://bsltext.org/cartoons/dods.asp

Sandy