[sw-l] Fwd: printing from SignWriter Dos US

Wed Sep 15 16:42:25 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
September 15, 2004

Anny in French-Switzerland wrote:
>> I finally started using SignWriter Dos (the US version that Daniel
>> Noelpp installed on the compiter he got for me)... as we just
>> finished the 2 days workshop... I created a new file called "prenoms"
>> where I wrote down all the names of the participants in SignWriter
>> Dos.  I wrote all the names, one after the other in this same file...
>>
>> I thought I could print it easily  but don't know how to proceed.
>> I've got a Epson Stylus Color 740 printer.... When I ask print, they
>> ask me what file... I say "prenoms" and then nothing happens!!! and I
>> tried with the different setup (the 3 different possible printer)...
>> nothing happened!! Can I print it directly from the Dos  file or do I
>> have to save it in another document ??? if so, can you explain me how
>> to do!

Hello Anny and Everyone!
SignWriter DOS is an old program that was developed long before your
new Epson printer was manufactured. So sometimes getting new printers
to work with old software is hard...especially when the old software is
in DOS...And ink-jet printers do have problems, sometimes, with
SignWriter DOS, and the Epson Stylus Color 740 is an ink-jet printer.
SignWriter DOS works best with laser printers. However, do not give up
hope. Here are some suggestions:

1. If you go to this instruction page:

SignWriter DOS Instruction Documents
http://www.signwriting.org/forums/software/sw44/sw44less/index.html

2. Download Document 1: Getting Started.
On page 5, 6, 7 and 8 in this document, you can read how to set up your
printer to work with SignWriter DOS.

Try this and write again to tell us what happens...If it does not work,
there are other alternatives, but I will wait to hear from you first...

Please post your message to the SignWriting List, so we all learn
together.

Thanks for writing!

SIGNWRITING LIST

1. POST MESSAGES TO SIGNWRITING LIST
SW-L at MAJORDOMO.VALENCIACC.EDU

2. READ MESSAGES IN THE ARCHIVES
http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/sw-l.html
http://majordomo.valenciacc.edu/hypermail/sw-l/

3. CHANGE YOUR SIGNWRITING LIST EMAIL SETTINGS
http://majordomo.valenciacc.edu/cgi-bin/majordomo