[sw-l] Movement Writer alpha release

Thu Sep 16 20:10:31 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
September 16, 2004

On Sep 15, 2004, at 4:51 PM, Stephen Slevinski wrote:
> Opening the page, you'll notice two 3x3 grids.  One for the left hand
> and
> one for the right hand.  The hand position is the same as touch
> typing.  The
> left index finger is placed on the "F" and the right index finger is
> placed
> on the "J".  The pinky is not used for typing.  The middle fingers
> represent
> the middle for each grid.  If you are familiar with using a number
> pad, the
> idea is the same.

Dear SW List -
As you can see by the attached diagram, the 8 Symbol Categories of the
International Movement Writing Alphabet (IMWA) are located on 8 keys in
a circle on the keyboard.

Stephen - Is this diagram right? Are the keys correct or do I have the
wrong keys? Or can you use the Numeric Keyboard, which would be 8 7 4 1
2 3 6 9, instead of the keys?...