[sw-l] SignMail program needs full email addresses...

Tue Sep 21 15:51:28 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
September 21, 2004

> SIGNMAIL: Send SignWriting Email
> http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle/SGN-US/email.php

Sometimes people just type a name, without the full email address. They
think that they are in their own personal email software, where they
had established short names for their friends, and did not have to type
in the full email address everytime...

But the SignMail program is separate from other email software and does
not know those nicknames!

Take a look at the attached diagram. I am sad to say that this email
never reached a person named Kathie, from a person named Sandie...
Sandie is not really at signbank.org...that happens only to return the
email to me, the webmaster...so there is no way for me to know Sandie's
real email address...so I can't inform her that her email did not reach
Kathie...

Is there a Sandie on the SW List? If so, please write to me and I will
be happy to help!

Val ;-)
Sutton at SignWriting.org

This was returned to me....