[sw-l] Please test new SignMaker with Drag and Drop

Wed Sep 22 16:01:01 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
September 22, 2004

Bill Reese wrote:
> 4. Lining up two faces to make a composite face needed a bit of skill.
>  I wanted to use the arrow keys on the keyboard to fine-tune the
> alignment.

Hello Bill and Everyone -
Actually when it comes to composite faces, I believe that the best
solution is... for me to add all possible facial-combinations as
symbols in their own right, in the IMWA symbolset. Then people would
not have to blend face symbols any longer...This will add a lot of
symbols to the face category, but I think it would be worth it because
right now, there are some facial symbols that cannot fit on top of the
other, and then it is impossible to have a composite face...there are
also standardizations, like Stefan Woehrmann's MundbildSchrift...used
in Germany...and those standard symbols should also be in the IMWA...so
I am hoping that I can get back to adding these blended symbols to the
IMWA before the end of the year -

Val ;-)

--------------------------------

SIGNWRITING LIST

1. POST MESSAGES TO SIGNWRITING LIST
SW-L at MAJORDOMO.VALENCIACC.EDU

2. READ MESSAGES IN THE ARCHIVES
http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/sw-l.html
http://majordomo.valenciacc.edu/hypermail/sw-l/

3. CHANGE YOUR SIGNWRITING LIST EMAIL SETTINGS
http://majordomo.valenciacc.edu/cgi-bin/majordomo

4. NEED HELP? Go to:

or write to:

Valerie Sutton