[sw-l] Please test new SignMaker with Drag and Drop

Wed Sep 22 20:39:19 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
September 22, 2004

Stephen Slevinski wrote:
> I can fix the XY coordinates easy enough, but the mapping between
> SSS-US and SSS-2004 does not yet exist.  And when the mapping exists,
> I will still need to program the mapping.  I've got a headache just
> thinking about it.

Hello Everyone, Bill and Stephen -
Re-entering all the signs with the new SignMaker program that uses the
IMWA is a much better idea. I would prefer that you use your time,
Stephen, for the more important tasks, like all the features you are
adding right now, and also developing the typing program, Movement
Writer, further...

Stuart Thiessen was telling me that he would like to be able to type in
facial expressions for different signs at different times, and Movement
Writer would make that so easy!!

Regarding the SSS-US...

Back a year or so ago, I created an SSS-US symbolset before the IMWA
numbers were established. So later this year, I have to clean up those
numbers to match the IMWA.  With the wonderful features in
SignBank-SymbolBank, I can create this mapping fairly quickly...a chart
saying this becomes this, and this becomes this...and I will do
that...but I refuse to rush...because I have not totally completed the
IMWA yet, and I want to do that before standardizing the SSS-US.

So no headaches are necessary!...

Ron Dettloff wrote to me asking me to clean up some of the current
entries in SignPuddle, so that would be a good reason to re-write all
the signs using the new SignMaker.

So that is my two cents...I would rather re-enter all the signs than to
have to map to an out-of-date SSS-US!

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWritingSite
http://www.SignWriting.org