[sw-l] Brazilian SignMaker Prototype...Please Test....

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Sep 23 22:38:09 UTC 2004

I think you actually already have the symbol.  It's the multiple closure in a circle.  We did it as a shorthand in Brazil.  See the two examples here.

or
linda                              linda_2

I prefer the former as it's faster to write, though an arrow at the end makes it explicit as to which way the hand is moving, to close or to open.

Charles

Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:
SignWriting List
September 23, 2004

Hello Charles and Everyone -
Could you show me a screen capture of that symbol? I will be happy to
add it to the IMWA. And I hope in time that the Brazilian Sign
WebMessage program will use the IMWA as its symbolset, so we are
standardized around the world!

Val ;-)