[sw-l] Sign Puddle should be Unicode based please

Signuno signuno at YAHOO.FR
Tue Sep 28 12:36:18 UTC 2004

Hello everyone,

When I tried to enter an accented letter in "name of
sign" I couldn't because only characters up to 255 are
allowed.  To be international one should:
* always use Unicode (utf-8)
* use method=post not method=get

So:

charset=iso-8859-1">
<form action="/signpuddle/SGN-TW/addSign.php">
name="sign" type="input" /></td></tr>

should better be:

charset=UTF-8">
<form action="/signpuddle/SGN-TW/addSign.php"
method="post">
name="sign" type="input" /></td></tr>

This will also effect how things are stored in the
dtabase, so be careful.  It would be best to get this
right now because later would be more difficult.

Also, you might want to translate "Name of Sign" into
the local languages.

Good luck with this stunning piece of work!
"Signuno".