[sw-l] A spock handshape?

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Sep 29 15:16:00 UTC 2004

No, that symbol 06-04 is the current Israeli sign language with three straight fingers.  We're looking for the one with the thumb sticking out, and the pairs of fingers joined, gap in the center of the hand.  I think it's the 05 hand.

Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:
SignWriting List
September 29, 2004

Charles Butler wrote:
> I thought I would be able to find it in a Hebrew Sign Language text as
> it is the old Aaronic priesthood shape for "shin" but the current
> Israeli sign language uses this: Valerie, is this shape in the system?

That symbol is in Group 01-06...like a 6 hand in ASL, but the fingers
are together, instead of spread. Using SignMaker to find symbols in the
IMWA, go to SignMaker and click on the 6 hand...see attached...you will
find your symbol there...it is 01-06-004 I believe....fourth one down
first column: