[sw-l] question on a sign notation

Anne-Claude Prélaz Girod girodmarc at VTX.CH
Fri Apr 1 20:16:29 UTC 2005

Valerie

I need your help to know how to spell the sign for our swiss french
sign language interpreter association called ARILS (Association romande
des interprètes de langue des signes)

the sign starts with an "A" handshape and end with a "S" handshape...
and in between these 2 positions... the fingers open one after the
other (in the middle of the movement all fingers are open like in a "5"
handshape.... and then close successively to end up in the S
position... the sign is made on the palm of left hand...

here are the 2 spellings.... I suggest... but I'm not sure about the
movment! (I don't like the second one...)