[sw-l] signmail question

Stephen Slevinski slevinski at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Mon Apr 4 14:27:11 UTC 2005

Hi Anny,

I will update the signmail application so that it can find entries that are
all caps.

-Stephen

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu]On Behalf Of Valerie Sutton
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 10:12 AM
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: Re: [sw-l] signmail question

SignWriting List
April 4, 2005

Hello Everyone!
Thanks for this message, Anny....When you type the word-glosses in the
email program on SignPuddle, you have to type each gloss carefully to
make sure it matches exactly the same as the sign is listed in the
dictionary. So all caps has to be used, if the sign is listed with all
caps in the dictionary. And if you want the second version of a sign,
then you have to type the version number, such as HELLO_2...otherwise
the program doesn't know which sign to grab for the SignWriting
translation...If you type a gloss and there is no exact word-gloss like
that in the dictionary, then it reverts to the fingerspelling symbols
you entered and spells out the entire gloss-word...If you do not have
all your fingerspelling symbols as entries in the dictionary, then it
cannot replace a gloss with fingerspelling and there will be a question
mark for that one gloss when the SignWriting appears...smile....Val ;-)