[sw-l] question about sign

Thu Apr 14 17:11:47 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
April 14, 2005

On Apr 13, 2005, at 3:38 PM, Charles Butler wrote:
> I couldn't help but think of this sign for "cook" in ASL.
> It shows the kind of turning the hand over as you seem to want to show
> for what looks like miming "buttering a piece of toast" (your number
> 2).

Here are the two signs for COOK in ASL...Each are a little different.
Number 1 is used the most. it is the basic sign. I like the simple
spelling. Number 2 is showing energetic cooking.... And the movement is
different. It is going back and forth, like sweeping etc...So both
spellings are right for their respective signs...So Honza..in the Czech
signs, you also seem to have both...and both should be in your
dictionary, I think...