[sw-l] a question

Shane Gilchrist Ó hEorpa shane.gilchrist.oheorpa at FRANCISMAGINN.ORG
Tue Apr 19 14:41:32 UTC 2005

Val,

My Belgian mate (the Liege one!) wanted to ask me a question : is there a
rule for the handshapes on the sign writing system, regarding the
orientations, and location of the fingers, etc? He and his work colleague
are struggling with the logics of the handshapes and we are trying to find
out the rules. They understand the handshapes, but they don't understand why
the fingers location change (or not) when the orientation of the hands
change - so could I please explain that to them?

My brain is sun-fried im afraid...i think some of you understand the
question better than I do?

Shane