[sw-l] ITALY...Adding Multiple signs to SignPuddle

Stephen Slevinski slevinski at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Wed Apr 27 20:05:54 UTC 2005

Hi Val,

The underscore problem will go away when SignPuddle 2.0 is ready.

Keep using SignPuddle 1.0 on http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle because the
live community dictionaries will be ported directly to the SignPuddle 2.0
dictionary tool using SPML communication.  Since the IMWA is stable, this
will be easy.  Much easier than our last move.

SignPuddle 2.0 eliminates the use of dashes and underscores.  The conversion
will clean the existing gloss names for import.

More about SignPuddle 2.0 in the Puddle Addicts newsletter.

-Stephen Slevinski

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu]On Behalf Of Valerie Sutton
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 3:03 PM
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: [sw-l] ITALY...Adding Multiple signs to SignPuddle

SignWriting List
April 27, 2005

Hi Everyone, and Barbara!
Did you know that when you add a new sign to SignPuddle, that
SignPuddle automatically adds an underscore and a version number after
the name of the sign? For example, if you know that you will have two
spellings for the Italian sign for COSTOLE...you do not need to name
them COSTOLE_01 and COSTOLE_02...because SignPuddle will automatically
place the _01 or _02 after the name for you...

So you need to add each sign with the name only...This is important
because if you add the number yourself, it becomes a part of the name
of the sign, and the searching features can get confused...Therefore,
we have re-entered those two signs, Barbara, for you this time....so
now the numbering is correct...Take a look at your SignPuddle...

http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle/sgn-IT

And did you know, Barbara, that I can send you an invitation to become
an Editor of your Italian SignPuddle? And then you can delete signs and
rename signs...anyone can add a sign, but only the Editors can delete
or rename signs...

Would you like me to send you the invitation to be an Editor? I will
send you a link in an email and then that takes you to a page to
establish your password for logging in...