[sw-l] ITALY...Editors, Spellings and No Underscores ;-)

Barbara Pennacchi barbara.pennacchi at ISTC.CNR.IT
Fri Apr 29 18:35:33 UTC 2005

On 29.04.05 16:29, Valerie Sutton wrote:

> We do not have the program programmed to tell you how many clicks,
> Barbara. I am talking about later, after you have added maybe 500 signs,
> you can share the 500 signs in SignPuddle with your team, and with other
> Italians who use SignPuddle and ask them what spelling feels better...
> Plus, when they create SignWriting documents, you can see which
> spellings they have chosen...that's all...

Ah ok, thanks. Now I understand :-)

> Chiara Vettori

Unknown to me, but it rings something familiar in my mind. Hmmm.

> Marco Consolati

I know him, and as far as I know, he's now pretty busy with other things:
I'll drop him an e-mail to see what they've done so far with SignWriting,
later.

Thanks for the info!

> Barbara - One important point - Please do not use any underscores in the

Hmmm, *now* would be a good time to ask you what else I shouldn't use in
sign names, or (better) put in the page of sign insertion a list of the
"forbidden characters" :-)

| Barbara Pennacchi               barbara.pennacchi (at) istc.cnr.it |
|                 Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche                 |
|         Istituto di Scienze e Tecnologie della Cognizione          |
|                  V.le Marx 15, 00137 Roma, Italia                  |
|                      http://www.istc.cnr.it/                       |