[sw-l] Which SignSpelling is best?

Barbara Pennacchi barbara.pennacchi at ISTC.CNR.IT
Fri Apr 29 18:51:20 UTC 2005

On 29.04.05 16:52, Valerie Sutton wrote:
> Which SignSpelling is best? List members...please post your opinions!

There are also two other different signspellings in signpuddle-IT, the
sign is "ghigliottina" (guillotine).

Ok, so far in LIS' signpuddle there are three couples of signspellings for
3 different signs (costole, aprire-cancello, ghigliottina). The handshape
and its orientation are roughly the same, it is just the symbols that are
different (and so are the movements)

Ok, I concede that the white palm is easier to remember and to write down,
but what about "aprire-cancello"? Wouldn't it be more faster to see that
the "open-big-door" is just the movement of ONE hand (actually, it's just
the wrist flexing, but I forgot the correct symbol), with the second
spelling?

(by the way, I removed the underscores from the name... how do I edit the
definition? ^_^)

| Barbara Pennacchi               barbara.pennacchi (at) istc.cnr.it |
|                 Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche                 |
|         Istituto di Scienze e Tecnologie della Cognizione          |
|                  V.le Marx 15, 00137 Roma, Italia                  |
|                      http://www.istc.cnr.it/                       |