SignWriting in Mobile Phones

Aisha Shamsuna Ahmed kcx4aas at NOTTINGHAM.EDU.MY
Mon Aug 1 06:58:58 UTC 2005

Hello Nana,
That really helps. Thanks a lot.
Guess I'll probably get back to you with some more questions later.
Cheers,
Aisha

>>> nana.dumitra at SCHLOSSKLAUS.AT 8/1/2005 1:26:57 PM >>>
Dear Aisha,
Here in the Philippines we would also vote YES, we are very much
interested in using SW on the mobile phones. We are just at the
beginning with sign writing so there are not many users yet, but the
numbers will be growing over the next few months and years, we are
sure.
So it would be wonderful to have this option, especially for the not
so
well educated deaf (those that have access to higher education her in
the Philippines tend to prefer English for writing, especially in the
Manila area), but in the provinces and among those who are struggling
with English - which are many - SW in general and SW on mobile phones
will be very useful.
Hope that helps,
Nana