LESSONS Who can tell me?...

Geoffrey Hunt geoffrey_hunt at SIL.ORG
Tue Aug 9 08:20:02 UTC 2005

Valerie,

Without looking anything up and therefore chancing a mistake.  Receptive is
as the observer sees the sign and Expressive is as the signer signs it.  In
Expressive, the right hand is on the right-hand side of the sign.

Geoffrey

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu] On Behalf Of Valerie Sutton
Sent: 06 August 2005 21:12
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: [sw-l] LESSONS Who can tell me?...

SignWriting List
August 6, 2005

Hello Stefan!
Your son Gordian, age 7?, can answer that question because he is fluent in
SignWriting and has learned it since he was a baby!

It is very hard for adults to learn something new, however. Some adults are
frightened to start to learn SignWriting... Do not worry.
You are not alone!

That is why I hope someone newer to SignWriting will answer this question
please... Lucyna, Honza, Shane, Geoffrey and so many others who have started
in the past year...

Who can tell me?

What is the difference between Receptive and Expressive Viewpoints?
Which one do we use today? Why?

Val ;-)