CZECH Writing arms and shoulders

Wed Aug 17 03:55:22 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
August 16, 2005

Honza -
I am very bad at reading word descriptions of movement and this one
below I really don't understand at all...

I thought I remembered that there was an online video dictionary of
Czech signs? Am I wrong? I think that is how I saw the sign for Czech
a long time ago...so maybe that dictionary has a video of SCHOOL in
Czech Sign Language?...Val ;-)

PS. Try to write it in SignWriting...it is better to at least show us
something, rather than using words only...

-----------------------

On Aug 16, 2005, at 8:43 AM, Honza wrote:

> Hi Val,
>
> thanks for lesson. I think I really don't need shoulder in sign I
> am writing now.
> I am trying to write down sign SKOLA (school).
> Right hand goes in to arm-pit, up, out, down, in, up.. Hand touches
> body not the arm.
> I don't know how to explain it and I don't have avi of that sign
> here.. so I hope it is understandable.
>
> thanks Honza
>
> Valerie Sutton wrote:
>

>> SignWriting List
>> August 16, 2005
>>
>> Hello Honza and Everyone!
>> I do not know the sign you are writing, Honza, but it is possible
>> that you do not need the shoulder line at all...Take a look at
>> the  sign for COMPUTER in ASL that is attached....it shows contact
>> on the  arm, but not the shoulders, so we didn't bother to write
>> the  shoulders....just a thought I wanted to share with you...Keep
>> up the  great work!  Val ;-)

>> ---

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWritingSite