SW in Dos 4.4

Ingvild Roald ingvild.roald at STATPED.NO
Wed Aug 17 11:24:59 UTC 2005

sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu skriver:
>Hello SW list and Val,
>

>I have a question. We have our FSL dictionary still in DOS 4.4 and need
>to print it. Unfortunately the dictionary is on one computer and the
>printer is on another one (we cannot change that). The two computers are
>connected by a network. With single files we can export them and then
>print without problems. How can we do it to print the whole dictionary?
>(A year ago we had the printer installed on the same computer that had
>all the SW on it and it was no problem, but after several computer
>crashes and other problems over the past few months, we ended up with
>bits and pieces everywhere J) I am working to put everything into
>SignPuddle, but we need to also be able to work some before I finish
>entering all our signs into SignPuddle.
>
>Anyone any ideas? – Thanks,
>
>Nana

Try Converiting Dictionary under the DIct program. The dictionary file
then becomes a sign file (you still have your original .dic and .din
files). If you can print sign files, do that. If not, export the new sgn
file under SW-File-export, and you have created a bmp-file (ypou still
have the .sgn file). The new .bmp-file can then be printed, or you move it
to the other computer and create a .gif file from it, and print that

Ingvild