AW: [sw-l] Private lesson with Val

Thu Aug 18 22:02:07 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
August 18, 2005

Stefan Wöhrmann wrote:
> I am curious – what kind of movement do you perform with your
> right hand, if you sign the sign for the Philippines ?
>
> Can you describe that – or is there somewhere a lifelike drawing ?

Yes...The signs for Philippines do look a little strange to me too .
The wrist movement struck me as odd. I would have assumed it circled
forward, but instead Nana had the circle coming back, so I left that
there and never discussed it with Nana...Your signs look so much
better now, Nana...you have really made a great deal of
progress...These details can be worked on over a period of
years...and slowly spellings start to fall into place...smile...I
admire your ability to being flexible and flowing with all this
discussion! And you have added so many more signs recently -
congratulations!! Val ;-)