in-between

Fri Aug 19 15:08:00 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
August 19, 2005

Contact Symbols continued...

What does Touch-Touch mean? It means the movement of touching twice.
No other movement arrows are needed with Touch-Touch, because Touch-
Touch is a Movement Symbol in its own right...It works all by itself.

What does ...Touch-Touch Between Two Surfaces... mean?  It means that
no other movement arrows are needed. The Touch-Touch-Between-Two-
Surfaces, is the same movement of Touch-Touch, except that it is
between two surfaces while it is doing the Touch-Touch movement.

So would I place a ....Touch-Touch Between Two Surfaces...under the
armpit for the sign for SKOLA in Czech Sign Language? No. Because I
believe that the movement is NOT Touch-Touch. It is a single Touch-
Between while other movement is doubled or tripled... So no double
Touch-Betweens unless the movement itself touches the arm pit twice...