AW: [sw-l] question about sign (on arm)

Sun Aug 21 08:23:45 UTC 2005

Hi Valerie, Honza and SW-list,

it is interesting Valerie that from the point of view of one of my students
the spelling of Honza is much easier to read. I guess that the rest of the
stickfigure with this shoulder line is a welcome orientation for quick
reading.

The new spelling (source Valerie) is without any doubt correct but on the
hand you can look at it without catching the "whole Gestalt" immediately.

I tried another spelling see attachment.

Hi Honzo you really want a brush but no rubb - that is correct? Each time
the hand gets off from the upper arm?

Stefan ;-)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu] Im Auftrag von Valerie Sutton
Gesendet: Sonntag, 21. August 2005 08:27
An: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Betreff: Re: [sw-l] question about sign (on arm)

Honza wrote:
> sorry for bothering you asking questions about almost every sign.
> I am not sure if this sign is written correctly. It is signed just
> on upper arm.
> <sobota.png>

Honza -
The upper arm is all you need. No need for shoulders, and no need to
circle the area of contact. Those symbols with the shoulders, arms
and circled area of location that are in the IMWA, are for detailed
sorting of dictionaries by SSS...we don't actually write with them...
(smile)...

So something like this would be better -