AW: AW: [sw-l] CZJ - Czech sign language: SKOLA (school) - video

Sun Aug 21 13:40:53 UTC 2005

Hi Honza,

- smile -
hand-shape  is not correct?

Why should I vote for a wrong hand shape symbol? Any idea?  - smile!!
L.I.F.E:

Well - I write what I see -

We are not mathematics to measure the exact degree of the angle ;-))

I saw several spellings with the fingers bent - so you get this 90 degree
hand shape.

What I perceive is something different. It should be possible to make a
screenshot. This still would show a flat hand!? -

I see somebody putting his right hand ( flat hand thumb up) between his left
upper arm and body.

It would be possible to execute a performance with kind of rotation movement
- and if you want to see that - it should be possible -

I  myself understand this performance as more a multiple pretty short upward
movement.

So in order to get to this end positon  you have to move your right hand
around until the back of your right hands shows to the left! This often
causes some kind of hinge-movement at the knuckle-joints -

In the video I cannot see this that much.

So we have to find a way to write what we see. smile

Within several performances of different signers or even the same signer you
may find some kind of variation and in SW you will find you in the place to
vote for this or that or an additional extra hand shape.

Whether a spelling is correct or not is sometimes difficult to decide. Smile
- some spellings are definitely violating rules or are totally different
from what the performance shows.

In this case - well the uninformed competent reader would show us! - smile

Stefan;-))