CZJ - Czech sign language: SKOLA (school) - video

Martin Novak sign at MARTANEK.COM
Mon Aug 22 17:50:41 UTC 2005

Hello Tomas, Honza, Charles and everybody.

Im just here after 4 month sleeping. I founded very interest discussion about
Czech sign SKOLA (school). I had same problem with making first sign CZECH
(Val helped to create me it by video show of one deaf person). Some people
began disagree with three times moving hand. I know that so much of people
use twice.
I thought its not important, because Stokoe notation put only sign "repeat"
and its end. I know not every people use same multiple hand movement (not
important if it is native speaker or hearing people). There is no
regulation..  Is possible put to sign that hand movement can be repeted 2 or
3 times (in one sign) and not create two independent sign ?

I know sign SKOLA (school) is used with twice hand movement because it have
two syllables sko-la and now Im suprised that somebody use three times
movement.

Honza: Why do you think that Vaclav Ptacek is no deaf ? He attended normal
oral school, so he speak as hearing person. Maybe you dont know that his
parents are deaf and he have deaf daughter :-).

Martin from Czech

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 22:35:41 +0200, Honza wrote