NORWAY Writing Some Norwegian Signs ;-)

Mon Aug 22 20:36:46 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
August 22, 2005

Hello Bill!
Great comments below. Thank you...Actually both versions are writing
circles that go straight ahead, directly to the front wall, with no
angle on either one of them...but that is why it really doesn't
matter which one you write, because they both mean the same thing!
But you are correct, that it gives the feeling of what you mention
below...but that is only because if you really wrote what you
see...the circle would become a straight vertical line since the
front would have to be written directly on top of the back of the
circle...smile...So I guess that is why I always chose the
symmetrical opposites on the circles to make sure people would
realize that the circles are going straight front and our viewpoint
is not on an angle...interesting!

By the way, Bill...we have more countries now. Your wonderful map on
the front page of our site, leads you to the Who Uses SignWriting page:

http://www.signwriting.org/about/who/index.html

....and then you can see more than 27 countries now...do you think we
can fit on more red dots on the map?! If not, that is ok...but it was
on my mind so I am glad you wrote!

Val ;-)