FSL "June" spelling???

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Aug 25 11:02:38 UTC 2005

http://commtechlab.msu.edu/sites/aslweb/browser.htm

I found this site while browsing.  It seems to be a fairly complete dictionary of ASL.  The sign they show for CALENDAR shows some relation to your sign.  Perhaps we should write permission to start rendering their signs into SW.

Charles Butler

Nana Dumitra <nana.dumitra at SCHLOSSKLAUS.AT> wrote:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback so far. Yes, Charles, the movement is supposed to be a “turning a calendar backwards” kind of thing. Do you know where I could see this old ASL sign, is it also a sign for “June” or another word?

Thanks,

Nana

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu [mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu] On Behalf Of Charles Butler
Sent: Mittwoch, 24. August 2005 19:24
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: Re: [sw-l] FSL "June" spelling???

It looks as if you are holding the index finger out, and the J hand face down and to the side.  I can understand it from your explanation but it looks very awkward.  Old ASL had a similar sign with the left index finger pointed to the right and the J hand flopping over it, like turning the pages to a calendar forward and back, not to the side.  Is this what you intended, or does the action go left to right.

Charles

Honza <honza at ruce.cz> wrote:

Hi Nana,

I think I can read your sign for June.
I tried to read it and than read your explanation and I get the same.
Just the startin position of right hand in second part of sign seems to
me a little bit confusing.
keep on. :-)

Honza

)