Query on Sign Documents

Mon Aug 29 17:29:37 UTC 2005

Hi Charles,

I do not know of any true sign documents on the web at this time.  I
believe the best way to accomplish this would use XML to store the data
and XLT to display the data.  A while back, someone posted an XLT for
SWML-S 1.0.  It worked in Firefox, but I think that's about it.

I believe we have two problems that need to be addressed.  The first
problem is displaying the signs in the browsers.  This will probably
require plug-in development.  The second problem is sign matching.  I
believe a few papers have been written on this topic.  It is not trivial.

for what it's worth,
-Steve