AW: [sw-l] Czech Manual Alphabet - sign for zero

Wed Aug 31 15:36:41 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
August 30, 2005

On Aug 30, 2005, at 7:50 AM, Stefan Wöhrmann wrote:
ha – you do have our attention all the time! I look forward to
learning from you ... about your different spelling/designing?? of
two letters – ( mh – cannot sleep, what letters do you want to see
differently- smile—of course there are some that need a second look
at the beginning – but it is so amazing that  you can read these
documents fluently at high speed after a very short period of
instruction and practice.

-----------------------------

Hello Stefan, Honza, Tomas, Martan and everyone!

We always write the position of contact. That is an old Writing Rule.
It was established back in the mid 1980's, after we had a staff of
Deaf adults write and write and write. They became skilled readers.
We found that signs are read better, when the position of contact is
always written...Take a look at this web page...You will see the
Letter N in Czech Fingerspelling on that web page along with other
examples...It needs to be fixed, Stefan. The fingers of the right
hand need to be closer to the palm of the left hand...that is the
second sign I mentioned...smile...

New E-Lesson
Spelling Rule: Write Position of Contact
http://www.SignWriting.org/lessons/elessons/less063.html