USA-CANADA Sign in ASL for STARTLED-AMAZEMENT

Stuart Thiessen sw at PASSITONSERVICES.ORG
Thu Dec 1 17:21:14 UTC 2005

Since our conversation, I had been thinking about this too. I had an
idea for a symbol for that movement. I don't know if it messes up the
system at all to do this.  But what about this? I would read this as
bending the knuckles up and down. Since there is no closing position,
could I assume I return to the same handshape unless otherwise stated?
If I was doing research writing, maybe I could put the 5 hand above the
knuckle symbols?  What do you think? It is in the SignPuddle as
amaze_2. I can delete it if it breaks other rules.