A spock handshape?

Thu Dec 15 14:41:21 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
December 15, 2005

Signuno wrote:
> I was trying to get this handshape image by
> http://signbank.org/signpuddle/sgn-EO/image.php?
> build=01-05-018-02-02-01,130,160
> but nothing came back.  Maybe it's the wrong URL? or maybe the
> handshape image isn't available yet?

Hello Signuno!
Nice to hear from you again. Go to your Signuno SignPuddle, and click
on the SignMaker icon. Then click on the 5-handshape group. You will
see all the 5 hands. In the attached diagram I have circled what I
believe is the Spock handshape...the flat hand has a space between
the middle and ring fingers. Is that what you need? I don't believe
you can access a single symbol with a URL like you did
above...although I may be wrong...but you can create signs in
SignPuddle using that handshape, with all its many palm facings...by
using SignMaker in SignPuddle. Or, if you need a single symbol, you
can save a single symbol as a sign in your dictionary to copy and
paste it into other documents when you need it...